Salary: $81,000.00 per year
How to Apply:
Applications are submitted online until the position is filled and/or the posting is closed. After reviewing this job announcement, please click on the link at the bottom of the page to apply online. A resume is required with the application. Further instructions on submission of documents are available in the online application. A resume may not be substituted for an application.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of experience in Public Information, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Communications, etc. Public sector or emergency management experience is a plus, or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, or experience is acceptable.
It is the policy of Allegheny County that in order to receive a final offer of employment, candidates must successfully pass a background check, which includes verification of Allegheny County Real Estate Tax status.
The Public Information Officer (PIO) performs responsible professional work in planning, developing, editing, facilitating, and disseminating a variety of material for public information, media, and community relations programs concerning the programs, accomplishments, concerns, goals and activities of the Allegheny County Emergency Services Department and the population it serves. As the liaison to the County’s central Communications Department, the PIO is responsible for supporting the development, maintenance and enhancement of a comprehensive informational program for areas of interface between Allegheny County Emergency Services and all relevant stakeholders including the public, federal and state emergency management and other agencies, community groups, the media and the public, and establishes professional working relationships to expand opportunities for improved interfaces with these groups. Communications and public relations efforts and programs include the timely dissemination of facts and accurate information in matters of public interest, the delivery of objectives and messages that support the ACES mission and operational plans, the coordination and implementation of public information activities, and the promotion of goodwill and a positive organizational image.
- Researches, organizes, writes and edits copy regarding department activities, programs, plans, projects and events for internal and external communications (e.g. press releases, fact sheets, talking points, media advisories, flyers, newsletters, reports, memos, orders, intranet communications, correspondence, etc.); disseminates to media, outside agencies, interest groups and the general public on behalf of the department following established standards and objectives; maintains records and prepares accurate reports as directed.
- Monitors the daily operations and actions of the department and identifies activities and situations likely to attract media attention; develops and prepares communication pieces on projects, programs and specific department actions which would be of media interest and/or convey positive initiatives of the dept.; develops, implements and evaluates communication strategies designed to increase community engagement and build public trust; prepares and releases relevant progress, narrative and informational reports of public interest.
- Serves as point of contact and may be responsible for organizing special events such as news conferences and awards ceremonies; photographs, documents and/or records events and participants.
- Confers with County leadership to identify trends and key group interests and public concerns, and with department leaders and staff to obtain information regarding programs, projects, events and activities to facilitate proactive media and community relations programs.
- Functions as an official departmental spokesperson in external communications with the media regarding special situations, operations, programs, and events as directed.
- Assists in developing and monitoring communication plans for crisis/emergency situations and in coordinating coverage at incidents.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with members of the media who are assigned to cover the Department, with representatives of community and public interest groups and with other stakeholders.
- Consults with County and department leadership to respond to requests for information from the public, outside agency and media inquiries; provides information to media outlets to inform and educate the public.
- Serves as department’s central point for quality and branding of website pages; manages Department’s website content and develops compelling digital content for sharing over other social media platforms.
- Serves as liaison to various committees and community groups as assigned; provides technical guidance, interpretation, and information to interest groups and the public concerning policies, procedures, rules, regulations, standards, codes, and ordinances related to the work of the Department.
- Supports Department leadership in developing and implementing organizational management initiatives and internal departmental communications programs and strategies to ensure clear and consistent communication of policy, program, and project information.
- Responds to emergency incidents as part of the ACES Management Team, as directed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Methods, principles, and practices of journalistic writing and editing as applied to public relations and promotion of municipal activities.
- Principles and practices of public relations work including verbal, written and visual presentations.
- Municipal organization and functions, and the relationships within municipal government and other levels of government.
- The internet and alternative media, including expertise in the use of social media and the tools to gauge its effectiveness.
- Publication design, layout, and preparation of material for production.
- Photography and photo editing; video shooting and editing.
- Media relations (including support for emergency operations)
- Web design, production, and maintenance
- Work at incident scenes or alternate locations as directed by ACES leadership.
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaborate across a broadly diverse organization.
- Apply principles of marketing and branding to municipal communication functions.
- Work under pressure, on multiple projects simultaneously, meet strict deadlines and adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Proactively anticipate and alert others to problems.
- Be on call 24/7 and work after hours and in emergency situations.
Residency: Allegheny County within 1 year.
Veterans' Preference: Will be awarded to eligible candidates.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - M/F/V/D